Nine PhD projects are at offer to work at cE3c, among the several ones at offer in the Doctoral INPhINIT Fellowships Incoming frame sponsored by “la Caixa” Foundation. In the Incoming frame, for doing research in Portuguese institutions candidates must have resided in Portugal for less than 12 months in the last three years. The deadline for applications is January 25, 2023, at 13h00.
The Doctoral Fellowship Programme INPhINIT by “la Caixa” Foundation, in the Incoming frame, awards 35 PhD fellowships for students and researchers of any nationality who wish to pursue a PhD in Spain or Portugal in research centres of Excellence, such as cE3c, that joins this initiative.
The nine PhD projects available to work at cE3c are: (click on the title of each project to know more)
- Impacts of climate change and pollution on groundwater ecosystems, with Ana Sofia Reboleira
- Niche and species coexistence: effects of local interactions on geographical scale distributions of bryophytes, with Cristina Branquinho
- Evolutionary dynamics of microbiomes and antibiotic resistance, with Francisco Dionísio & Teresa Nogueira
- Birds as connectivity vectors across marine, coastal, and terrestrial ecosystems, with Maria Peixe Dias
- Mechanisms for developmental thermal plasticity in insect immunity, with Patrícia Beldade
- Effects of multifactorial environments on phenotype expression, with Patrícia Beldade
- The Healing Value of Nature: Impacts on Human Health, with Patrícia Ventura Garcia & Ana Arroz
- Urban Nature Based Solutions (NBS) as tools to improve citizens connection with nature and support for nature conservation, with Pedro Pinho
- Genomics of adaptation to global warming, with Pedro Simões & Margarida Matos
More information about these and other PhD projects available at the Doctoral INPhINIT Fellowships Programme – Incoming is available here.
We recall that within the Incoming frame, for the research to be carried out in Portuguese institutions candidates must have resided in Portugal for less than 12 months in the last three years. The call for applications closes on January 25, 2023, at 13h00.
General information about the Doctoral INPhINIT Fellowship Programme
The doctoral fellowship programme INPhINIT ”la Caixa” is devoted to attracting talented Early-Stage Researchers—of any nationality—who wish to pursue doctoral studies in Spanish or Portuguese territory. Sponsored by ”la Caixa” Foundation, it is aimed at supporting the best scientific talent and fostering innovative and high-quality research in Spain and Portugal by recruiting outstanding international students and offering them an attractive and competitive environment for conducting research of excellence.
This programme is divided into two different frames – Doctorate INPhINIT Incoming and Doctorate INPhINIT Retaining. More information about the Programme is available here.
The doctoral INPhINIT fellowships offer a highly competitive salary and complementary opportunities for training on transferrable skills (in annual training sessions), temporary stays in industry, incentives upon completion of the thesis, among other elements that make these fellowships some of the most attractive and complete in Europe.
Tags: PhD fellowship doctoral programme INPhINIT La Caixa