Among the several PhD projects at offer in the Doctoral INPhINIT Fellowships Incoming frame sponsored by “la Caixa” Foundation, eight are from cE3c researchers. In the Incoming frame, candidates must have resided in Portugal for less than 12 months in the last 3 years. The deadline for applications is February 4, 2020.
The Doctoral Fellowship Programme INPhINIT by “la Caixa” Foundation, in the Incoming Frame awards 35 PhD fellowships, for researchers willing to carry out their PhD project in research centres of Excellence, such as cE3c that joined this initiative this year.
The eight PhD projects available to work at cE3c are:
- Temperature coupling of sender/receiver acoustic communication in gobies, with supervision by Prof. Paulo Fonseca.
- Taming gut microbiota evolution to best improve host health, with supervision by Dr. Ivo Chelo.
- Soil termophilic bacteria in a rhizosphere environment, with supervision by Prof. Cristina Cruz.
- Reciprocal interactions between the endosymbiotic bacteria Wolbachia and pesticide resistance in the two-spotted spider mite Tetranychus urticae, with supervision by Prof. Sara Magalhães.
- Genomics of adaptation to global warming, with supervision by Prof. Margarida Matos.
- Disentangle symbioses: the role of the microbiome in lichen development and nutrition, with supervision by Prof. Cristina Cruz.
- Conservation genomics of the highly endangered seabird, the Bermuda Petrel Pterodroma cahow: lessons for the conservation of the North Atlantic gadfly petrels, with supervision by Dr. Mónica Silva.
- Can soil metal composition affect eco-evolutionary dynamics in plant- herbivore interactions?, with supervision by Prof. Sara Magalhães.
More information about these and other PhD projects available at the Doctoral INPhINIT Fellowships Programme – Incoming is available here.
We recall that within the Incoming frame, for the research to be carried out in Portuguese institutions candidates must have resided in Portugal for less than 12 months in the last 3 years. The call for applications closes on February 4, 2020, at 2 p.m. (Central European Time – CET).
General information on the Doctoral INPhINIT Fellowship Programme
The doctoral fellowship programme INPhINIT ”la Caixa” is devoted to attracting talented Early-Stage Researchers—of any nationality—who wish to pursue doctoral studies in Spanish or Portuguese territory. Sponsored by ”la Caixa” Foundation, it is aimed at supporting the best scientific talent and fostering innovative and high-quality research in Spain and Portugal by recruiting outstanding international students and offering them an attractive and competitive environment for conducting research of excellence.
This programme is divided into two different frames – Doctorate INPhINIT Incoming and Doctorate INPhINIT Retaining. More information about the Programme is available here.
The doctoral INPhINIT fellowships offer a highly competitive salary and complementary opportunities for training on transferrable skills (in annual training sessions), temporary stays in industry, incentives upon completion of the thesis, among other elements that make these fellowships some of the most attractive and complete in Europe.