The EMAPI 2017 - International Conference on Ecology and Management of Alien Plant Invasions - will take place in Lisbon, Portugal, September 4th-8th, 2017, organized by cE3c - Centre for Ecology, Evolution and Environmental Changes .
EMAPI 2017 aims to become a benchmark event, by gathering a large number of scientists, managers and policy makers from around the world, who will interact and explore ways to face global and regional challenges presented by alien plant invasions, for the benefit of the present and future generations.
Abstract submission: until March 31.
Abstract decision communication: until April 30.
Early bird registration: until May 1.
Late bird registration: until June 30.
More information is available at www.emapi2017.org
There will be plenary lectures on several important topics on plant invasions, as well as symposia, poster sessions and a social program. Here are the topics of some of the confirmed sessions and corresponding plenary speakers:
- New frontiers in alien plant invasions, by Petr Pyšek (CAS, Czech Republic),
- How to promote and benefit from the collaboration of citizens?, by Helen Roy (CEH, England),
- Impacts, risk assessment and implementation of prevention tools, by Pilar Castro Díez (UAH, Spain),
- Modelling plant invasions: the role of climate, traits and socioeconomy, by Ingolf Kühn (UFZ, Germany),
- Biosecurity and management of alien plant invasions, by John Wilson (CIB/SANBI, South Africa),
- The impact of biological invasions on ecological networks, by Ruben Heleno (CFE, Portugal).
Organizer: Center for Ecology, Evolution and Environmental Changes (cE3c), University of Lisbon.
Any doubts? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
And don't forget to follow us on twitter, @EMAPI14 !