One position for Research Technician with a Master Degree is open at the FCiências.ID – Associação para a Investigação e Desenvolvimento de Ciências, in the framework of cE3c (UIDP/00329/2020), funded by FCT
Portuguese nationals, foreign and stateless persons may submit applications to this selection procedure, provided they hold a MASTER degree in Biological Sciences, Biomedical Sciences; Biochemistry or similar areas, and fully comply with the following requirements:
- Demonstrated experience in at least two of the following techniques: 1) extraction, purification and quantification of DNA and/or RNA; 2) PCR methodologies; 3) preparation of solutions for works in molecular genetics; 4) Library preparation for NGS;
- Proficiency in Portuguese and English (written and spoken)
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Experience in participating in national and/or international scientific projects in the scientific areas of this contest;
- Experience in managing research laboratories;
- Experience in analyzing bioinformatic data, in particular obtained by Re-sequencing, RADseq, RNAseq;
- Good organizational skills and know how to work in a team.
The work plan aims to achieve the objectives of the Strategic Project UIDP/00329/2020 for the Thematic Line 2 (TL2): 'Evolutionary processes that shape biodiversity and adaptation to environmental change'.
The work plan consists of the following tasks:
- Contribute to the management and maintenance of the cE3c Genetics Research Laboratory and its specific equipment, namely ensuring: the cleaning of material and common spaces as well as the monitoring of their good maintenance by the research teams; the good condition of the equipment and its maintenance; management of common laboratory stocks; looking for quotes for equipment and repairs, as well as consumables of common use;
- Provide support services to researchers in carrying out experimental techniques, with particular emphasis on: preparation of solutions for common use; DNA and RNA extraction; genotyping, RT-qPCR; sending samples for sequencing; etc...;
- Carry out/support researchers in their experiments and data analysis within the scope of the objectives of the thematic line.
Duration: 14 months, planned start November 2022
The gross monthly salary corresponds to 1163.82 Euros, on exclusive regime, plus holiday and Christmas allowances, as well as food allowance in the amount and conditions set out for workers with a legal employment relationship under the Labour Code.
Call closes on August 5th 2022.
Please follow the links for more information (offer number #3969):