Research Gate •
Filipa Wahren is conducting a Ph.D. in Environmental Sciences by the Technische Universität Dresden (TU Dresden) starting in 2010, in collaboration with the CCIAM research group. She is conducting the project “Analysis and Model Based Assessment of Water Quality in European Mesoscale Rural Catchments with Different Management Strategies”, under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Karl-Heinz Feger (TU Dresden) and Dr. Joao Pedro Nunes (cE3c). The Ph.D. project aims are:
- assess how soil-landscape models reduce spatially distributed soil data shortages;
- assess to which extent a hydrotope-based assessment allows model verification under data scarcity conditions;
- simulate water balance and water quality parameters under contrasting landscape and climate conditions using SWAT;
- infer on the hydrological ruling processes based on analysis of observed data and model outputs;
- simulate management scenarios on agriculture and forest systems.