cE3c SEMINAR I - 2017/ 2018
- Lecturer(s) or Responsible(s): Margarida Matos (cE3c)
- Department Responsible: Departamento de Biologia Animal (FCUL)
- Data: October 12th, 2017 to February 1st, 2018
- Deadline for Applications: September 21st, 2017
- Duration: First semester
- Schedule: Thursdays,10h00-11h30
- Nº (min, max) Students: 5-20
- Location: Room 2.3.36, C2 Building, Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa, Campo Grande, 1749-016 Lisboa
These seminars are thought mainly for students enrolling in their first PhD year of the Doctoral programmes in Biology (FCUL) or Biodiversity, Genetics and Evolution (BIODIV UL), corresponding to 6 ECTS* in each semester. They can thus be a part of the 1st year curriculum of their PhD programmes.
* - For PhD FCUL students requiring 5 ECTs for their PhD programme two of the sessions are not mandatory.Directed to: Students enrolling in their first PhD year of the Doctoral programmes. The seminars are also of high interest to other post-graduate students (e.g doing master studies in a Biology area, or at a more advanced year in the PhD programme, or BTI and BI grant
The seminars are composed of a weekly session of 1h30 during 15 weeks in first semester. The students also have to attend the Scientia meetings and cE3c conferences.
The sessions are in general organized in several slots of 2-3, each slot promoted by one research group. Each session involves the discussion of one or more papers, that may be (though not necessarily) with co-authorship of the specific organizer of that session. The papers are given in advance so that the participants have read them when they come to the session.
With such a programme, the students that attend the seminars will have the opportunity to better know the research that is being developed in cE3c, brainstorm around a diversity of topics and gain acquaintance with cE3c members and other students.
The specific programme, ie the calendar of the sessions relative to the corresponding cE3c teams will be presented on the first day of each Seminar.
Contacts for Inscription
To inscribe in Seminar I send an email to Margarida Matos, firstname.lastname@example.org, with a short motivation letter and cv until September 21, 2017