Advanced Course “Bio-Logging:developing sensors and loggers for behavioural and ecological applications” – 13th to 15th June 2016, at CIBIO-InBIO (Vairão, Portugal)
- In & Out
- Print Article
This advanced course encompasses all steps necessary to design, build, and use bio-logging tools. It will also focus on how to use vast amounts of data collected by the loggers. Case studies include intertidal applications, flight analysis of birds, and foraging ecology of large marine predators.
- Learn to design and build loggers.
- Learn to program, deploy loggers and retrieve data.
- Learn to process data.
This course will be open to a maximum number of 20 participants.
Priority will be given to:
- 1st year PhD students attending the BIODIV Doctoral Programme;
- other BIODIV PhD students;
- PhD students attending other courses;
- other post-graduate students and researchers.
Registration deadline: May 30, 2016.
Participation is free of charge for BIODIV students | Registration fee for other participants: € 75,00.
To register, please send an e-mail accompanied by your short CV to Maria Sant’Ana at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer your status (PhD student, MSc Student, Other) and the University to which you are affiliated.