Denisele Neuza Aline Flores Borges is conducting a Ph.D. in Plant Biology by the State University of Campinas – UNICAMP, Brazil, starting in 2016 within the Plant Anatomy Laboratory of Plant Biology Department. She is conducting the project “Anatomical structure and nutrient acquisition of the plant mycoheterotrophic Pogoniopsis schenckii (Orchidaceae:Vanilloideae) and the myxotrophic Warrea warreana (Orchidaceae: Epidendroideae)”, under the supervision of Juliana Lichska Sampaio Mayer, Professor at Institute of Biology, State University of Campinas.
In addition, she is conducting a Ph.D. sandwich by the University of Lisbon – ULisboa during six months (nov 2018 – mai 2019) within the Environmental Stress & Functional Ecology – ESFE of cE3c. The propose project is “Dynamics of carbon isotopes (δ13C) and nitrogen isotopes (δ15N) in mycoheterotrophic specie Pogoniopsis schenkii (Orchidaceae: Vanilloideae) and in the mixotrophic Warrea warreana (Orchidaceae: Epidendroideae)”, under the supervision of Cristina Máguas, Auxiliary Professor at Faculty of Sciences, University of Lisbon.
Ph.D. project aims are:
- Analyze the morphological and anatomical structure of the underground organs. To identify the nature, radicular or stem, of these subterranean organs with differentiated morphology.
- Locate portions of the underground organs in which the association with fungi occurs.
- Check the substances reserve presence in the roots and stems with the application of different histochemical tests.
- Analyze ultrastructure of infected cells.
- Fungi isolation from portions of underground organs.
- Fungi identification through molecular analysis.
- Analyze the isotopic composition of carbon (δ13C) and nitrogen (δ15N)
Page not found.